Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sue's Presentation in Boise



















We planned our trip south to allow us to stay in Boise, Idaho, when Sue Veseth was giving her presentation of my ancestor's knitted lace and patterns - the Robbins family.

When my Father passed away we found handwritten patterns for laces from the 1800s and examples of knitted lace that I took to Sue to look at.

Sue did more than just look at. She examined the lace, washed it, laid it in the sun to naturally bleach during the summer days (actually there were quite a few that year) and then tried to knit some of the patterns.

From there she researched my ancestors, redid the patterns with modern techniques and.........

Great presentation - Michael said he learned more about my family during that talk then he had in thirty years!

Sue passed out a pattern to each Knitting Retreat participant to try and knit - very interesting to watch.

Thank you, Sue.

Sue also gave me homework for the project which I am very slowly accomplishing.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

How interesting it looks.
I'd like to attend, to get some of the history of our family too.
What a lot of work went into this. a BIG Thanks to Sue!
Beverly

alice said...

Nancy,the lace is beautiful..and so old. Are you going to frame it? Put it between glass? What a treasure. Alice